Pearls are a girl’s new best friend! They are meant to be inherited and passed on from one generation to the other. Nothing makes a mother or a grandmother happier than to see her own little girl wear her precious pearls.
Pearls are organic and that makes them very delicate and sensitive. They need to be taken care of. Here are a few ideas on how you can make your pearls last many lifetimes.
- Wear your pearls often. Pearls need to breathe in air. The body oils help pearls retain their lustre. So take out your pearls from that box they are hiding in and let them breathe. Your pearls will thank you for it!
- Follow the principle of ‘last in first out’. Get ready, put on your make-up, do your hair, walk into the delicate perfume cloud, and them finally wear your pearls. Pearls should be the last thing you wear before you head out and the first thing you take off once you get back home.
- Pearls are organic gemstones and are vulnerable to acid, alkaline and extreme humidity conditions. To avoid your pearls from loosing their radiance, never subject them to perfumes, hairsprays and cosmetics.
- Wipe your pearls with a soft cloth every time you take them off and put them back in their box. Body sweat can dampen the beautiful lustre of your pearls.
- Store your pearls separately in a soft silk or cloth pouch. Keeping them together might scratch your pearls. So keep them separate.
So flaunt your pearls as they are meant to be! And love them and take care of them and your pearls will love you back!
Aroti Akash Tugnait